Returning an item should be easy. The following questions and answers are offered as supplemental information to our Return Procedure. If you still have questions, please reach out to our customer service representatives via our live chat feature, between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
About our Catalog
The online catalog of parts provides you with a reference guide. It does not confirm the stocking status or availability of the parts.
Even though the majority of the catalog is correct, updates by manufacturers may result in changes in part numbers or pricing. If such a case should arise, you will be notified by telephone or email before we process your order.
>How long do I have to return an item? ▼
- All returns must receive pre-approval and be authorized within 20 days of your delivery receipt.
- please reach out to our customer service representatives via our live chat feature, between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.) or email us at email@example.com.
>How do I get a Return Authorization (RA) number ▼
- please reach out to our customer service representatives via our live chat feature, between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m, Monday through Friday. Claims must be filed within 20 days of the date of delivery to get your Return Authorization (RA) number.
- We are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. EST.
- You’ll need your order number or invoice number, full name, address, phone number, email address, part number, and the reason for the return.
>What items are returnable for refunds? ▼
New or Unused Items
- Pre-approved returns must be in their original condition - with all original components.
- The customer and/or repair shop are responsible for verifying the parts received are correct prior to painting and/or installation.
- Returned parts cannot be disassembled, painted, mounted, or damaged due to incorrect or attempted installation.
- All items must be repackaged in their original, undamaged packaging. If the original package has been damaged please reach out to our customer service representatives via our live chat feature, between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday to discuss your return
- Installed, plugged in, or unsealed electrical parts or components are not refundable.
- We are not responsible for installation errors, incorrectly ordered item(s), shipping and handling charges, towing expenses, labor expenses, rental car expenses, and/or any additional repair expenses due to a part that has been installed incorrectly and/or is defective.
Some auto parts have a core charge applied to them that is refundable from the manufacturer. Parts that have core charges include generators, starters, catalytic converters, alloy wheels, engines, ECM/BCM modules, transmissions, transfer cases, and some diesel fuel parts like injectors.
- You are responsible for all shipping charges on core returns.
- You must include a copy of the original invoice with the part for return identification.
- The part must be clean, assembled, drained of all fluids, and not have any missing parts. It must be complete, undamaged, and placed in the original package used for the replacement part.
- We will process your return as soon as we receive it, and your core credit will be available within 15 days.
- If you need assistance with your core return, use our live chat feature to speak with us or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get back to you within 48 hours!
- Learn more about Cores and Core Charges.
Should you receive a damaged item, you must contact us immediately in order for us to contact the shipping company. It is the parcel carrier's responsibility to get the item to you undamaged.
You must retain ALL shipping packages for inspection by the shipping company. Failure to keep damaged boxes will result in any and all damage claims being denied.
Extreme Importance: If your damaged item was delivered by LTL, you NEED TO REPORT the damage WITHIN 5 DAYS.
Some parts cannot be returned under any circumstances:
- Obsolete parts
- Discontinued parts
- Vintage parts
- Service and repair manuals
- Custom or special order products
- CD ROMs
- Auto body parts
- Any electrical part that has been plugged in, installed, or unsealed
Is there a restocking fee? ▼
Some returned parts are charged a 20-25% restocking fee by their manufacturer or supplier. We will discuss this with you when you use the live chat feature to get your RA number.
>How do I package my return? ▼
- All items must be repackaged in their original, undamaged packaging. If the original package has been damaged reach out to our customer service representatives via our live chat feature to discuss your return.
- Parts must be in their original condition – with all original components. The part cannot be disassembled, painted, mounted, or damaged due to incorrect or attempted installation.
- You must include your Return Authorization Form with Authorization Number.
Who is financially responsible for return shipping charges? ▼
- You are responsible for all shipping/freight charges on orders unless the error is on our part.
- You are also responsible for any installation error expenses, towing expenses, labor expenses, repair expenses, or rental car costs incurred due to the use or installation of an incorrect or defective part.
When will I receive my refund? ▼
- You should receive your credit within 15 days of the date we receive the return at our warehouse.
- Credit will be applied to the same credit card or account used to purchase the part.
- In some cases, a company check will be offered for a refund.
- We will send you a “Credit Approval” email once your account has been credited. Please note that delays in processing may occur due to your bank or credit card company.
- If you haven’t received your refund within 20 days, please reach out to our customer service representatives via our live chat feature for assistance.
>How do I cancel an order? ▼
- Orders or portions of orders may be canceled up until the time they are shipped.
- Items that have left our building for shipment and are no longer in our possession cannot be canceled and/or refunded until they are returned back to us in their original condition.
- Some parts are charged a 20-25% restocking fee by their manufacturer or supplier. We will discuss this with you when you chat in to get your RA number.
>How do I return a damaged package? ▼
- Contact us immediately via our live chat feature if you receive an item that has been damaged during shipping.
- The parcel carrier is responsible for the delivery of your package and we may need to contact the shipping company on your behalf.
- Retain all packaging as it will need to be inspected by the shipping company. Your claim will be denied if the original packaging is missing.
>What if my package is lost? ▼
- Contact us immediately if your order becomes lost in transit. We will file a claim with the parcel carrier responsible for delivering your package.
- Refunds will not be issued until the claim is resolved with the parcel carrier, which may take up to 28 business days.
- Please note that international orders may take up to three weeks for delivery due to customs clearance.
- GetOEMParts.com is not responsible for any packages that have been lost or stolen after delivery.